FOUR YIP
The artist that I picked was Four Yip- she is an artist and fashion designer in Second Life; however when I would search about her I couldn't seem to find any background information on her but I was able to find some of her art and fashion pieces. I joined Second Life to search and to see her pieces but I couldn't still find anything on her. When I asked around to different people no one seemed to know who I was talking about either. I found that she had a Twitter account so I tried following her but she has yet to accept that, and when I found her Youtube account her posts were from 3 or 4 months ago and then from there they were months and months apart as well. I am not sure if she is off the radar right now, or if there just isn't a lot of information on her.
Four Yip from what I could find has two small stores in Second Life where all of her creations are free. Many people wear her creations and are excited about them. Four Yip has many fans- I found many people who blogged about her and talked about her fashions and paintings that she created. As I was reading I came across a quote from Four Yip as to why she gives her creations away for free, and she says, "I like the "share" part. That's why I give most things away. I like to hear from others what they think or if they enjoy it so I get new ideas. If you give away, it reaches a large group, I think." I like how she wants to know the responses of her fans and those who like her creations, so she can go from there. I think it is important to hear what people have to say and I think it is neat that she does that.
![]() |
| The invisible outfit. As Four Yip stated, "you can have birds in your stomach if that is what you wanted!" |
![]() |
| The Wallflower. Speaks for itself- being a wallflower and blending, but yet still looking fashionable. |
![]() |
| She was known for feathers, and extravagant outfits. |
![]() |
| Unique outfits that made statements and spoke to people. |
Besides just fashion creations she also "paints" and does portraits. She takes snapshots of peoples "avies" as she calls them and then paints as she sees them portrayed in her mind. She has many different visions which are sometimes hard to understand where they are coming from (at least for me) but they are very interesting and detailed which I think is why they are so intriguing. There is so much going on that your eye travels around the different pieces.
![]() |
| The one on the left is an "avie" and the one on the right is the portrait that Four Yip painted and her interpretation of it! |
![]() |
| These are all from her gallery in Second Life. |
I found her YouTube channel and there were some videos that were on there, but as I said previously they were dated and not recent. Here is one video that shows her artwork and also how big she is getting- you can get her paintings as an iPhone cover!
I think her way of creating things are imaginable, and a way to escape and "wear" things you couldn't ever wear, or create in real life. I think that Second Life has a wonderful way of escaping for that moment in time into things that you daydream of. Four Yip has a really exquiste way of portraying those images that are dreamt of and putting them into "real" second life.
<3








No comments:
Post a Comment